Casually Elegant Lodging near Downtown Asheville NC
Most guestrooms at Hill House Bed & Breakfast are named after well-known and historic Asheville buildings. All have private baths, central heat, ceiling fans, individual decor, cushioned seating for two, and, unlike most B&Bs in Asheville, central air conditioning. Many have fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs or walk-in showers.
Nine of our 10 rooms have queen beds, and the Hideaway has a king. The Flatiron and Pisgah suites have additional twin beds, and a cot or blow-up mattress is available in most other rooms. See the Room Amenities below for a full list of the amenities that all Hill House Bed & Breakfast rooms offer.
Rates vary widely — the highest are on October weekends when suites can top $300, the lowest on winter weeknights, when midweek discounts for multi-night stays can drop prices below $100. All rates are double occupancy.
The charge for an additional person is $25/night. Dogs, in the rooms we allow them, are $10/night/dog. We offer discounts for return guests, travelers under 30, and (on weeknights) for single travelers.
Comfortable Rooms with Luxurious Touches Hill House Bed & Breakfast’s ten rooms each have its personal distinctive charm.
- Kress, with its shabby chic style and the pastel Arcade room and its sunny, floral design scheme,and the muted, are the inn’s lower-priced options.
- The restrained yet deep Drhumor, room with fireplace and Jacuzzi tub, and Battery Park, with its sunroom and stylish contemporary bath with rain shower, are the middle-priced rooms.
- Two rooms have recently been converted into suites. The overtly romantic Jackson has been combined with Hill House’s parlor and the muted, masculine S&W with its view of the garden, now opens onto the one-time dining room.
- Our honeymoon suite, the Biltmore with its double Jacuzzi, and the apartment-sized FlatIron, which comfortably can sleep a family of four, are the other higher-priced rooms in the main inn.
- In the new building at the rear of the property are the Pisgah apartment, with a full kitchen and Jacuzzi, and the Hideaway, with the inn’s only king bed and a spa-style shower. These two rooms can be opened up together for a family or a group, and rollaways and/or an air mattress allow for more additional guests.
Relax. You’re Taken Care Of. In Our Rooms You’ll Find….
- Private Bathrooms with Jacuzzi Tubs/Showers, Claw-foot Tubs & Showers, or Walk-in, Tiled Rain Showers
- Queen-Size (1 King-Size) Beds; Memory Foam or Soft Pillow Tops
- Fireplaces in Many Rooms
- 32” Flat-Screen TVs with Local Broadcast Channels and Complimentary Netflix and HBONow Programming
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet Service
- Comfy Seating for Two in Every Room
- 12-foot Ceilings and Original Heavy Wooden Doors in Many Rooms
- Central Heat and Air in All Rooms
- Ceiling Fans
- Extra Pillows and Blankets
- Cozy, Soft Robes
- All-Natural Shampoos, Soaps and Herbal Bath Salts
- Personal Toiletries – Q-Tips and Makeup Remover Rounds
- Hair Dryers, Irons and Small Ironing Boards
- Dark Chocolates by Your Pillow
- Large, Private, Wraparound Front Porch
- Unique, Eclectic Décor Throughout
- Wi-Fi in all Common Areas
- Concierge Services
- Free, Onsite Parking
- Extra-Large, Private Lawn with Adirondack Chairs
- Beds and Beds of Garden Flowers Everywhere
- Morning Yoga
The Only Bed and Breakfast in Asheville Offering Yoga. Morning Yoga on the Lawn, 7:30-8:30…Roll out of bed, walk out the front door, and Namaste. Breakfast never will have tasted so good. April through October Weather Permitting, Advance Notice Necessary, Mats Provided, $15/person to the teacher.